PHILADELPHIA — Friday, the Philadelphia Police Department released photos and assignments of the six officers shot while trying to serve a narcotics warrant in Nicetown-Tioga on Wednesday.
They range in age from 26 to 43.
All were released from Temple Hospital and Einstein Medical Center without even having to spend the night.
Three other police officers, whose names and photos were not released, also suffered injuries.
Suspect Maurice Hill surrendered just before midnight, after a standoff that lasted more than seven hours. He has a long criminal record.
Continuing Coverage: Philadelphia Police Department
- The war on guns, from Philadelphia to the feds Aug. 9, 2019
- Suspect surrenders after 6 officers shot, 3 more injured; ‘Miracle’ police all out of hospitals Aug. 14, 2019
- Police shooting suspect facing charges over Wednesday standoff, drugs Aug. 17, 2019
- Police Comm. Richard Ross quits amid harassment, discrimination allegations against officers Aug. 21, 2019 (just after midnight)
- Details of the harassment, discrimination suit that led Police Comm. Ross to resign Aug. 21, 2019 (late evening)
- State Reps. thank Ross, Philadelphia Police replace him on web Aug. 22, 2019