The Ivy League has decided league schools including the University of Pennsylvania will not compete in winter intercollegiate athletics during the 2020-21 season which, of course, means no basketball.
Use left and right arrows near the top-left to move calendar dates ahead and back.
- PHILADELPHIA – The University of Pennsylvania's John R. Rockwell Head Coach of Men's Basketball, Steve Donahue, will be a special guest analyst on the CBS Sports Network's broadcast of the BYU-Loyola Marymount men's basketball game Saturday at 3 p.m.
- PHILADELPHIA – The University of Pennsylvania's John R. Rockwell Head Coach of Men's Basketball, Steve Donahue, has announced the captains for the 2020-21 season. Although the Quakers will not play any games this season due to the COVID-19 pandemic, seniors Mark Jackson, Eddie Scott and Jarrod Simmons will lead the 2020-21 team through the remainder […]
- PRINCETON, N.J. – Consistent with its commitment to safeguard the health and wellbeing of student-athletes, the greater campus community and general public, the Ivy League Council of Presidents has decided that league schools will not conduct intercollegiate athletics competition in winter sports during the 2020-21 season. In addition, the Ivy League will not conduct competition for […]
- PHILADELPHIA – Penn Athletics will be partnering with NBC Sports Philadelphia this fall to broadcast seven previously aired contests. The games will appear on NBC Sports Philadelphia Plus at 8 PM each Wednesday beginning October 7.
- PHILADELPHIA – In April of 2018, Penn President Amy Gutmann announced the formal launch of a comprehensive campaign for the University: The Power of Penn Campaign: Advancing Knowledge for Good with a focus on accelerating Penn's impact locally, nationally, and globally. As part of the University-wide initiative, the Division of Recreation and Intercollegiate Athletics launched […]
- PHILADELPHIA – The University of Pennsylvania's John R. Rockwell Head Coach of Men's Basketball, Steve Donahue, has announced the addition of Michael Moshkovitz to his program's 2020-21 roster. Moshkovitz, an Israeli international player who played last year at Kankakee (Ill.) Community College at the Division 1 level of the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA), […]
- PHILADELPHIA – Penn Athletics, and especially the Penn men's basketball program, was saddened to learn about the passing of Bob Bigelow C'75 on August 18. He was 66 years old.
- Coaches 4 Change (C4C) is an organization that is founded by college basketball coaches who are dedicated to helping their student-athletes, their campus, and their communities. The mission of C4C is to provide a platform that engages, educates, empowers, and evolves the collegiate student-athlete on issues of social injustice, systemic racism, and the power of […]
- PHILADELPHIA – The National Association of Basketball Coaches (NABC) has announced its Honors Court for the 2019-20 academic year, and the list includes a pair of University of Pennsylvania players in recent graduate Devon Goodman and rising senior Mark Jackson. The duo represents two of 14 Ivy League players to be honored.
- PHILADELPHIA – The University of Pennsylvania's John R. Rockwell Head Coach of Men's Basketball, Steve Donahue, has announced his recruiting class for the upcoming 2020-21 season. Four young men—Matteus Case, Colin Chambers, Andrew Laczkowski, and Clark Slajchert—will join the Quakers' men's basketball roster this season as freshmen.
Latest Yahoo! College Basketball
- Aliyah Boston thinks No. 7 South Carolina played a complete game – finally.
- Georgia coach Joni Taylor wasn't sure what to think as Mikayla Coombs was down beneath the basket in pain, trainers focused on her lower right leg.
- North Carolina State coach Wes Moore is thrilled to be back in the Atlantic Coast Conference championship game as the Wolfpack looks to defend their title.
- Brice Calip scored 14 points to lead five in double figures, and No. 23 Missouri State routed Evansville 85-44 on Saturday night to finish undefeated in the Missouri Valley Conference regular season.
- USC again struggled from the free-throw line, including key misses late, but still beat rival UCLA when Tahj Eaddy hit a game-winning three-pointer.
- CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) Duke and North Carolina have a way of capturing national attention with every meeting – and with the national championships, Hall of Fame coaches and tradition-rich histories, it's no wonder. Saturday's 91-73 win by the Tar Heels lacked the usual high stakes in the storied rivalry. Neither is in contention for […]
- With an ugly loss to North Carolina, the Blue Devils fall to 11-11 and, according to experts, their chances of an at-large big are down the drain.
- USC's Tahj Eaddy hit the game-winning three-pointer with 1.4 seconds remaining in the game to top crosstown rival UCLA 64-63 at Pauley Pavilion to end the Trojans' regular season. The second-straight year USC ended the regular season on a late game-winner to stun the Bruins (on March 7, 2020, USC's Jonah Mathews hit the game-winning […]
- It was the rematch of college basketball’s biggest rivalry Saturday, but it became one sided even quickly.
- A much closer game than anticipated, Arkansas battled against a Texas A team with nothing to lose to secure the final
Latest Yahoo! College Sports Experts
- The question hinges on who's making the hire. If the Jayhawks look outside, a current AAC coach might be the surest thing.
- Tommy Tuberville's amendment was called an attack on transgender kids by Illinois Senator Dick Durbin.
- Northern Iowa's season ended because its conference forgot to check who was in charge of COVID-19 decisions.
- New sexual harassment allegations against Les Miles surfaced this week from his time at LSU.
- Les Miles' alleged actions from his time at LSU have caught up to him, and there’s no path to escape the comeuppance that’s coming.
- Former female San Jose State athletes seeking damages after sexual abuse allegations against trainerA former athlete said ex-trainer Scott Shaw massaged her breasts under the guise of "pressure point therapy" and another said he repeatedly touched her buttocks.
- Cade Cunningham rolled his ankle on Thursday night after stepping on a Baylor player's foot, and is questionable for Saturday's game at No. 6 West Virginia.
- The school mandated that Miles not be alone with female students after harassment accusations were levied against him.
- Report: Big Ten school leaders tried to avoid open-records laws while discussing 2020 football seasonThe Big Ten season was postponed indefinitely over the summer before the conference announced it would begin play in October.
- Steele joined UT as a defensive assistant in January. He officially won't be a part of the Vols' coaching staff going forward.