The Ivy League has decided league schools including the University of Pennsylvania will not compete in winter intercollegiate athletics during the 2020-21 season which, of course, means no basketball.
Use left and right arrows near the top-left to move calendar dates ahead and back.
- PHILADELPHIA – Five players scored in double figures as the University of Pennsylvania men's basketball team erased a four-point halftime deficit en route to a 78-68 come-from-behind victory against Dartmouth on Saturday afternoon at The Palestra.
- PHILADELPHIA – The University of Pennsylvania men's basketball is in action twice again this weekend in the first quirk of the new Ivy League schedule. The Quakers host Dartmouth on Saturday afternoon, then have a day off before making the short trip North to meet travel partner Princeton Monday afternoon at 4 p.m.
- PHILADELPHIA – The University of Pennsylvania men's basketball program and Penn Champions Club (PCC) have announced the postponement of Alumni Day festivities including the naming of the Peggy Kowalski, C'78 & Bob Donohue Box Office at the Palestra.
- PHILADELPHIA – The Ivy League has announced its weekly award winners in men's basketball, and University of Pennsylvania sophomore guard Clark Slajchert has been named the Ivy League Rookie of the Week. This is his first weekly honor and the second in a row by a Penn player, as freshman George Smith earned the Rookie […]
- PHILADELPHIA – The University of Pennsylvania men's basketball team kept coming back on Columbia Saturday night at The Palestra, but the Lions made a critical run late in the game and the Quakers couldn't respond in taking a 73-69 loss.
- PHILADELPHIA – The University of Pennsylvania men's basketball team used a 7-0 run about midway through the second half on Friday night, breaking a tie game and pulling away from Cornell at The Palestra, 79-65.
- PHILADELPHIA – After an unexpected 22-day break, the University of Pennsylvania men's basketball rings in the New Year with its Ivy League opener on Sunday afternoon at The Palestra.
- PHILADELPHIA – The University of Pennsylvania men's basketball team has announced a change to its 2021-22 Ivy League schedule. The Quakers' game at Harvard, originally scheduled for Saturday, Jan. 29 at 2 p.m., has been moved to Friday, Jan. 28 at 5 p.m. This game will be televised nationally on ESPNU.
- PHILADELPHIA – The University of Pennsylvania men's basketball team's game with Howard University, scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 4 at 7 p.m. at The Palestra, has been canceled due to COVID-19 protocols within the Bison program. This game is not expected to be made up.
- UPDATED 12/30/21: Penn Athletics Winter Sport Spectator Guidelines; Athletics Events Closed To Public Effective ImmediatelyPHILADELPHIA – The Division of Recreation and Intercollegiate Athletics (DRIA) at the University of Pennsylvania has announced that spectator guidelines from all home fall-sport competitions will continue for winter sports where spectators are permitted, with a greater emphasis on mask wearing at all indoor facilities.
Latest Yahoo! College Basketball
- Six months after tearing his ACL, Skyy Clark made his season debut on Jan. 6. In Montverde's first game of the 2022 Hoophall Classic, Clark had 11 points in the fist half.
- The University of Utah Runnin’ Utes lost in Tucson Saturday night to the Arizona Wildcats, 82 to 64…
- ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. – Boise State men’s basketball ran its win streak to nine games Saturday, dominating New Mexico on
- After USC's worst performance of the season, coach Andy Enfield said he was just thankful to have some upcoming practice time. It's been rocky relaunch for the No. 5-ranked Trojans, who went 19 days between games due to their COVID shutdown, losing significant practice time in that span, as they're now 2-2 since returning to […]
- A FEW HEALTH NOTES We learned a few health notes from Kansas State following the victory over Texas Tech. The first was that the game Saturday was the first time they had 10 or more scholarship players available this season.
- Purdue coach Matt Painter is working to help his team understand one thing. "How hard it is to win one game in the Big Ten," he said Friday night after a 92-65 rout of Nebraska. Monday's trip to No. 25 Illinois will be a test of the No. 7 Boilermakers' discipline, particularly on the defensive […]
- Highlights: Oregon downs No. 5 USC for first-ever road sweep of AP Top 5 teams in Pac-12 men’s basketball historyWill Richardson scored 28 points as Oregon defeated No. 5 USC 79-69 on Saturday, Jan. 15. With the win, the Ducks (11-6, 4-2 Pac-12) became the first Pac-12 men's basketball team to sweep a road trip against two AP Top-5 teams. Oregon also beat No. 3 UCLA in overtime on Thursday.
- Jaylen Clark chats with Bill Walton after making first start for No. 3 UCLA in win over Oregon StateSophomore guard Jaylen Clark caught up with Bill Walton after posting a career-high 11 points, four rebounds and two assists in No. 3 UCLA's 81-65 win over Oregon State on Saturday, Jan. 15. It was his first career start as a Bruin.
- No. 5 USC fell 79-69 to Oregon on Saturday night. Four games into their return from a COVID break, the Trojans are feeling the effects of the 18-day pause.
- The Ducks made history on Saturday, completing a road-sweep of two top-5 teams with a win over USC. Here's how the upset happened:
Latest Yahoo! College Sports Experts
- Ex-Alabama QB Jay Barker arrested after allegedly attempting to hit estranged wife Sara Evans with carBarker and Evans got married in 2008. They separated in April and Evans filed for divorce in August. Barker has been charged with felony assault with a deadly weapon.
- Baylor dropped two games at home in the same week.
- Seemingly inspired by the pre-game festivities at Rupp Arena honoring Joe B. Hall, the No. 18 Wildcats rolled to victory over the No. 22 Vols.
- Kentucky basketball coaching legend Joe B. Hall has died, the school announced Saturday. He was 93.
- Kelly's contract with UCLA now runs through the 2025 season.
- Dye rushed for over 1,200 yards and 16 TDs in 2021.
- ACC commish: Conference is 'unanimous' in opposition to expanding College Football Playoff in near futureIt doesn't look like the playoff will be expanding anytime soon.
- All good things must come to an end, they say. Dan Wetzel, Pete Thamel, and SI's Pat Forde are together for one final show before Pete heads to ESPN… The guys break down the latest on the expanded playoffs and the QB transfer portal landscape before putting a cap on the football season with our […]
- The Pac-12 went 0-5 in bowl games and just 1-4 against the spread while bowl games involving SEC teams frequently hit the under.
- Texas Tech handed No. 1 Baylor its first loss of the season on Tuesday night in Waco.