Use left and right arrows near the top-left to move calendar dates ahead and back.
- The Penn State men's basketball team relied on a career night from junior guard Myreon Jones for an 86-83 Big Ten road win at Nebraska (5-16, 1-13). Jones finished with 29 points on 8-18 shooting with six 3-pointers as the Nittany Lions (8-12, 5-11) picked up their third win in program history in Lincoln on […]
- IOWA CITY, Iowa. – No. 11 Iowa overcame its second-half scoring drought to lift the Hawkeyes to a 74-68 win over the Penn State men's basketball team Sunday afternoon in Carver-Hawkeye Arena. Penn State's (7-12, 4-11) swarming defense held Iowa (17-6, 11-5) 13 points below its scoring average and forced 16 turnovers, a season high […]
- The Penn State men's basketball team (7-11, 4-10) travels to Iowa (16-6, 10-5) for the first game of a two-game Midwestern road trip. The first and only regular-season meeting for the Nittany Lions and Hawkeyes in 2020-21 is set for Sunday at 5 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 21 in Carver-Hawkeye Arena.
- A second half scoring run for the fourth ranked Ohio State Buckeyes midway through the period was just enough to lift them past a tenacious Penn State squad 92-82 on Thursday. The Nittany Lions (7-11, 4-10) gave the Buckeyes (18-4, 12-4) all they could handle but Ohio State used a 15-0 run in the second […]
- UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. – The Penn State men's basketball team (7-10, 4-9) plays host to No. 4/4 Ohio State (17-4, 11-4) at 8 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 18, in the Bryce Jordan Center. This is the second meeting of the regular season between the Nittany Lions and the Buckeyes with Ohio State winning the first encounter […]
- The Penn State men's basketball team will join LSU, Oregon State and Wake Forest in the field for the 2021 Emerald Coast Classic basketball tournament, presented by Global Sports. The tournament will be played Thanksgiving weekend Friday-Saturday, Nov. 26-27 at The Arena on the campus of Northwest Florida State College. Penn State's last game in the […]
- The Penn State men's basketball team (7-10, 4-9) battled back from a second-half, double-digit deficit to take a one-point lead, but a steal and layup by Nebraska with 12 seconds remaining produced a 62-61 win for the Huskers (5-12, 1-9). Two shots by the Nittany Lions in the final 64 seconds didn't find the bottom […]
Latest Yahoo! College Basketball
- To earn the top seed for next week's Missouri Valley Conference tournament, No. 21 Loyola Chicago needs to continue its homecourt winning streak and then get a little help. Loyola is tied with Drake atop the conference, but the Bulldogs own the tiebreaker. Loyola and Drake split their two-game set, and both teams swept third-place […]
- Gearing up for March tournaments, plus tools and trends to consider ahead of the madness. (Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports)
- Alabama’s athletics director and its coaches’ wives were among a large group who made the trek to Arkansas on Wednesday to watch the Crimson Tide clinch their first SEC title since 2002. The Razorbacks had other plans. In the first top-25 matchup at Bud Walton Arena in 23 years, No. 20 Arkansas dominated the second […]
- After playing Thursday at No. 3 Michigan, Iowa will stay on the road to face the Buckeyes, who had won seven straight games until losing 92-87 in their heavyweight fight with the Wolverines last Sunday. Ohio State won the first meeting 89-85 on Feb. 4, a few hours after its team bus got stuck on […]
- Victor Bailey Jr. finished with 21 points as No. 25 Tennessee beat in-state rival Vanderbilt 70-58 Wednesday night to sweep the season series.
- FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. (AP) It had been nearly a quarter-century since Arkansas had played a ranked team at home, let alone beaten one there. No. 20 Arkansas ended both those droughts Wednesday night, beating sixth-ranked Alabama, 81-66. The Razorbacks, once staples atop the Southeastern Conference standings, hadn't beaten a ranked team in Fayetteville while they, too, […]
- No. 6 Alabama basketball’s plans of clinching the regular-season SEC title will have to wait. The Crimson Tide suffered another slow start before falling apart in the second half Wednesday night as it suffered a 81-66 loss at No. 20 Arkansas. Following the defeat, Alabama (18-6, 13-2 in the SEC) saw its lead on the […]
- OMAHA, Neb. (AP) Creighton coach Greg McDermott said he couldn't help but feel a little apprehensive heading into his team's game against DePaul on Wednesday night. Any worries disappeared about five minutes into the game as the Bluejays' revved up and pulled away for a 77-53 win. Marcus Zegarowski, Christian Bishop and Denzel Mahoney scored […]
- PISCATAWAY, N.J. (AP) Geo Baker and Ron Harper Jr. had 20 points apiece to help Rutgers rally from a 15-point deficit and beat Indiana 74-63 on Wednesday night. Baker, who shot 7 of 13 from the field, set a program record with six made 3-pointers in a Big Ten conference game and had a season-high […]
- The No. 9 Florida State men's basketball team, which has been one of the hottest teams in the country, led by more than 20 points for much of the night and defeated the struggling Miami Hurricanes on Wednesday night in Coral Gables, 88-71. FSU was led by Sardaar Calhoun with a career-high 16 points, Balsa […]
Latest Yahoo! College Sports Experts
- There will be replacement teams on standby ready to fill in should a team be unable to participate.
- South Carolina was hit with two years of NCAA probation but will avoid a postseason ban.
- A new rivalry trophy is coming to the Big Ten in the fall, and it carries quite a bit of significance.
- Foster said a combination of asthma, allergies and COVID-19 created “severe difficulty” for him to engage in physical activities.
- Tennessee's GOP is wasting time with anti-kneeling efforts instead of actually helping Black communitiesState Republicans are imploring Tennessee's public colleges and universities to stop athletes from kneeling during the national anthem.
- According to multiple outlets, Miles was accused of harassment by student workers when he was the head coach at LSU.
- NCAAW what to watch: No. 5 South Carolina vs. No. 3 Texas A&M closes SEC regular season on high noteThe conference tournaments are beginning to take shape.
- State Republican legislators aren't happy after the ETSU men's team kneeled last week in protest during the national anthem.
- Quintez Cephus was acquitted of all charges and reinstated at Wisconsin after he was accused of sexually assaulting two students in 2018.
- Los Angeles County officials said there was "no evidence of impairment" in Tiger Woods' accident on Tuesday morning.