- Penn State and Massachusetts are set to renew their men's basketball and football series, meeting on the hardwood for the first time since they were both members of the Atlantic 10 Conference. The Nittany Lion football team also has added Ohio to a future schedule.
- Penn State World Campus provides military students of all branches access to a dedicated military support team and military-exclusive services, including their own undergraduate academic advising team.
- Penn State Intercollegiate Athletics has announced that it will not sell any additional single-game parking permits in advance of the Nov. 10 Wisconsin football game in Beaver Stadium.
- The Centre County commissioners proclaimed November 2018 as Military Appreciation Month in Centre County during their weekly meeting on Oct. 30, in coordination with Penn State’s Military Appreciation Week.
- A gene associated with the learning disorder dyslexia may play a role in athletes’ susceptibility to concussions, according to a study by Penn State and Northwestern University. The pilot study included 87 Division I Penn State football players from 2015 to 2017. Researchers aimed to determine whether a genotype in nine candidate genes predicted the […]
- Military students face unique challenges when transitioning from service to college, and Penn State is committed to providing the necessary support and resources to help them succeed in and out of the classroom.
- Both chambers of the Pennsylvania General Assembly adopted separate resolutions designating Oct. 27 through Nov. 11 as Military Appreciation Week in Pennsylvania in coordination with Penn State’s Military Appreciation Week.
- Marine Corps Maj. Paige Kennedy and former CIA case officer Shannon McCombie, both Penn State alumnae, will headline a seminar and Q&A session from 5 to 7 p.m. Oct. 30 at Penn State’s University Park campus to discuss their experiences as women who have paved the way in historically male-dominated fields.
- Volunteers are needed at the Penn State military appreciation tailgate for service members, veterans and their families, to be held prior to the Nittany Lion football game against Iowa on Saturday, Oct. 27. The deadline to sign up is Oct. 9.
- Penn State, State College Borough and Centre County will honor military service members, veterans and their families when their service and sacrifices are recognized during a series of military appreciation events in October and November.
More college football news below.
This season’s first game will be on Aug. 31. Click “Look for more” until the schedule shows up.Tweets by PennStateFball
Latest Yahoo! College Football
- GLENDALE, Ariz. — This is not even a story about Kyler Murray’s long-term future, or to speculate about whether, when he’s 35, he might try to take a shot in the twilight at roaming center field for the A’s, his drafting team in baseball. He can’t know the future now, so it’s futile to speculate on
- Former NFL running back Cedric Benson, one of the most prolific rushers in NCAA and University of Texas history, has died in a motorcycle accident in Texas. Benson's attorney, Sam Bassett, said Austin law enforcement told him that Benson was killed in the wreck Saturday night. Benson was a key
- Mark Lindquist breaks down the big bad SEC West, with Alabama out for revenge and Auburn and LSU looking to spoil the fun. (Getty Images)
- WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) — Jamie Newman will begin the season as Wake Forest's starting quarterback.
- CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) — North Carolina coach Mack Brown says true freshman quarterback Sam Howell will start working with the first-team offense in preseason practices.
- Despite running for 1,053 yards and 10 touchdowns, J.K. Dobbins says last season was a frustrating personal failure. ''I didn't make defenses fear me as I should,'' the Ohio State tailback said while vowing to bounce back in 2019. Platooning with Mike Weber, Dobbins averaged 4.6
- Sonny Dykes has spent most of his career coaching and recruiting football players in his home state of Texas and around the South. When he became a head coach in the Pac-12, he found an unfamiliar environment at some high school games in California. On the business side, college football has become
- College football is a chalky sport. Or Washington State fans, whose team went into the regular-season finale with a chance to play for the Pac-12 title. Or fans of Syracuse, understandably fired up about finishing second to Clemson in the ACC Atlantic.
- Clemson continues to be a program on a roll in South Carolina – and with recruits in states across the country.
- The Tigers are implementing a spread offense to go with their ferocious defense. Is this the year they'lll topple Alabama in the SEC West?
Latest Yahoo! College Sports Experts
- LSU is implementing a spread offense to go with its ferocious defense. Is this the year the Tigers can topple Alabama in the SEC West?
- The Liberty coach said the infection was discovered after doctors determined his pain was from more than a herniated disc.
- The rumored "Hard Knocks"-style college football show on HBO is coming to fruition.
- The Wolverines have never been to the Big Ten Championship Game. Is 2019 the year?
- Tennessee joins Arkansas, LSU, Missouri, Texas A&M and Vanderbilt as SEC schools that sell alcohol at football games.
- Former Ohio State quarterback Tate Martell will take reps at wide receiver for the Hurricanes.
- Ali'i Niumatalolo, a junior in 2019, has been a special teams contributor for the Utes in the past two seasons.
- Coach Billy Napier is encouraging all of his players on scholarship to donate $50 to the athletic department's scholarship fund.
- Texas took a massive leap forward in Year 2 under Tom Herman but will have to rely on a young defense to top Oklahoma for the Big 12 crown in 2019.
- David Jager has reportedly been on paid administrative leave from Michigan State football since March 2018.