More NFL news below.
Latest Yahoo! NFL
- For as complicated as football can be, at its core it's very simple. Blocking, hitting, tackling. And in an age of limited blocking, hitting, and tackling during practice, there's a premium to be placed on players who can and will embrace blocking, hitting, and tackling during games. The 49ers
- General Manager Brian Gutekunst said Friday that it's his "understanding" Jimmy Graham wants to play next season, Rob Demovsky of ESPN reports. What Guntekunst didn't say was whether the Packers want the tight end back. Graham is under contract with the Packers in 2020, scheduled to
- Eli Manning ended his 16-year NFL career on his own terms. In a roughly seven-minute speech touched with a little humor and almost no emotion, the 39-year-old Manning officially ended his career Friday at a packed news conference surrounded by family, friends and former teammates and coaches and the
- With James Lofton's rookie season off to a strong start in 1978, another member of the Green Bay Packers casually tossed some praise his way in the locker room one day in early December. Keep up the production, his pal said, and he might find himself in the Pro Bowl. ''I said, 'That
- Gerald Alexander appeared in two games for the Dolphins in 2011. He is returning to the defensive backs room where he briefly sat as a player. The Dolphins have hired the University of California assistant as their new defensive backs coach, Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald reports. Alexander replaces
- The 49ers haven't won the Super Bowl in 25 years. As they try to get their sixth Super Bowl championship, they'll have the entire organization in attendance. As in everyone who works for the team. Interns included. Via David Lombardi of TheAthletic.com, CEO Jed York has confirmed that the team
- The New England Patriots reportedly are hiring former Los Angeles Rams assistant offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch.
- Jedd Fisch has joined the Patriots' coaching staff in a yet to be determined offensive capacity, Jim McBride of the Boston Globe reports. Fisch was the Rams' senior offensive assistant the past two seasons, adding assistant offensive coordinator to his job title for 2019. He spent the 2017 season
- 49ers CEO Jed York is hopeful the team does what it takes to get an invitation to the White House.
- When the 49ers selected Nick Bosa with the No. 2 overall draft pick on April 25, Jed York knew the 49ers were for real.
Latest Yahoo! NFL Experts
- As Eli relived his career highlights, the members of the Giants reflected on how he had changed them and why their presence in Jersey was non-negotiable.
- Former Rams C John Sullivan, who started Super Bowl last year, is latest lineman to lose massive amount of weightFormer Rams center John Sullivan is the latest lineman to slim down after leaving the game.
- A Pro Football Hall of Famer volunteered to coach up some NFL draft hopefuls. Many of them had no clue exactly who was helping them.
- Brian Gutekunst says Aaron Rodgers still playing at elite level, but Packers wouldn't pass on drafting QBGutekunst met with media on Friday.
- Maybe the court-ordered mental health evaluation can be the first step to turning things around for the former NFL star.
- Kareem Hunt is in the headlines again.
- John Mara: Eli Manning's No. 10 will be retired; Manning will be inducted into Ring of Honor in 2020Mara lauded Manning as a fine representative of the Giants' franchise.
- A court filing accuses Saints executives of working with the Catholic church, using their NFL emails, to conceal sexual abuse crimes.
- Nobody really likes the Pro Bowl as it is right now. Let's change it up a bit and breathe new life into the old game.
- Antonio Brown also has to surrender his passport and guns after an incident at his Holllywood, Florida, home.