- The Philadelphia Flyers have interviewed Barry Trotz to be their head coach, per the 32 Thoughts podcast, and are also reported to have interest in Calgary Flames assistant Kirk Muller.
- The Philadelphia Flyers have interviewed former Rangers and Blue Jackets coach John Tortorella for their head coaching vacancy, per ESPN's Kevin Weekes.
- The Philadelphia Flyers will talk to free-agent coach Barry Trotz this week, according to Sportsnet, but don't seem to be in any rush to make a final coaching decision.
- Off the ice, the front office has to work around a big problem that could very well restrain how much 're-tooling' it's able to do over the summer unless there are one or two major trades in the works: This is an expensive team.
- Barry Trotz will interview with the Philadelphia Flyers on Friday, according to a report, as the team searches for its next head coach.
- The Philadelphia Flyers' 'aggressive retool' will include the No. 5 overall pick in the NHL Draft come July after they slipped one spot back in Tuesday's draft lottery.
- After finishing with 61 points and the fourth-worst record in the NHL, the Philadelphia Flyers have a 9.5 percent chance of winning the draft lottery for the No. 1 overall pick.
- The Philadelphia Flyers may have a big name available in their coaching search after the New York Islanders fired Barry Trotz.
- Philadelphia Flyers defenseman and former top prospect Samuel Morin retires after knee injuries forced an end to his playing career.
- The Penguins needed three overtimes against the Rangers just shy of the anniversary of their 5 OT duel against the Flyers, and Claude Giroux scored in the Panthers' playoff opener.
This year’s NHL season will start Jan. 13. Teams will play 56 games.
Use left and right arrows near the top-left to move calendar dates ahead and back.Click here for tweets by the Flyers
Latest Yahoo! NHL
- The quest for the Stanley Cup is underway. Here are the 2022 NHL playoff dates, times, television and results.
- Would Penguins assistant Mike Vellucci who reportedly interviewed for the Flyers' head coaching job be a good gamble? By Jordan Hall
- Call Game 6 "The Igor Shesterkin Difference."
- With the first round wrapped, the 2022 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs continue on to the next matchups. Heres everything you need to know about the second round.
- Colorado forward Gabriel Landeskog finally gets a chance to play in the Western Conference Finals. The Avalanche have advanced to the Stanley Cup semifinal for the first time since the 2001-02 season. Colorado beat the St. Louis Blues 3-2 on Friday to win the best-of-seven series 4-2.
- At start of 1997 season, after weeks of rumors and negotiations, Detroit Red Wings acquired forward Brendan Shanahan from lowly Hartford Whalers
- Darren Helm had a solid career with the Detroit Red Wings, beginning with making an impact in playoffs, and is doing the same with Colorado Avalanche.
- Your daily look at the 2022 Stanley Cup Playoffs.
- Darren Helm scored with 5.6 seconds left to send the Avalanche to the Western Conference finals, winning the series 4-2 over the Blues.
- The Colorado Avalanche are advancing to their first Western Conference Final since 2002.
Latest Yahoo! NHL Experts
- How important is home-ice advantage in the NHL playoffs? For the Carolina Hurricanes, it's very important.
- There's a smarter way to bet the Rangers and Oilers in the futures market.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning are defying the odds and look poised to make a run for a third straight Stanley Cup.
- The Flames and Oilers meet in the playoffs for the first time since 1991.
- The Carolina Hurricanes are favorites to advance to the Eastern Conference Finals.
- The Colorado Avalanche are massive favorites to advance to the Western Conference Finals.
- The defending back-to-back Stanley Cup champions are underdogs for a second straight round.
- Is the under a good bet in Game 7 of an NHL playoff series?
- Which team currently down 3-2 in their series are oddsmakers giving the best chance of coming back to win?
- The New York Rangers face elimination on Wednesday, and oddsmakers would love to see them go.