- The Flyers came into free agency with one need standing out above the rest: a backup goaltender to pair with a young Carter Hart. And although a few goalies had gone off the board in the hours leading up to free agency opening at noon, general manager Chuck Fletcher didn't waste any time getting his […]
- With the NHL Draft in the rearview, it's time for the next step on the NHL's annual calendar: free agency.
- Chuck Fletcher apparently wasn't kidding around when he said changes were coming this offseason.
- It's been a frustrating time to be a Flyers fan. (But then again, when isn't it?)
- Flyers' GM Chuck Fletcher has been busy — and his latest move is sure to have fans divided, just like his other consequential trades this offseason.
- The Flyers were scheduled to be picking 13th in the first round of the 2021 NHL Entry Draft on Friday night, but that plan suddenly changed about six hours before the start of the event when general manager Chuck Fletcher sent the team's first-round pick, a future second and Robert Hagg to Buffalo for 26-year-old […]
- The Flyers quest for a right-handed defenseman has come to an end, as the team acquired Rasmus Ristolainen from the Sabres. But it was costly.
- The NHL's "trade freeze" expired at 1 p.m. on Thursday, and the Flyers apparently didn't waste any time getting involved.
- It was gearing up for a big farewell on Wednesday night, with the Flyers dangling well-known veterans like Jake Voracek, James van Riemsdyk, Shayne Gostisbehere and Justin Braun in front of the NHL's newest team, the Seattle Kraken, ahead of the expansion draft.
- Between the upcoming NBA Draft and the ensuing MLB trade deadline, which will take place on back-to-back days at the end of next week — not to mention the start of Eagles training camp a few days before that — it's easy for the NHL Draft to get lost in the shuffle, especially when the […]
This year’s NHL season will start Jan. 13. Teams will play 56 games.
Use left and right arrows near the top-left to move calendar dates ahead and back.Click here for tweets by the Flyers
Latest Yahoo! NHL
- Martin Fehervary has only six games of NHL experience, but the Caps defense may depend on him in 2021-22.
- With Adin Hill's deal done, the Sharks have their goalie tandem locked up for the next two seasons.
- The NHL's investigation of Sharks winger Evander Kane offers the league an opportunity to set up rules with legalized sports betting in its infancy.
- The NHL offseason included the Seattle Kraken's expansion draft, the entry draft and free agency amid a flat salary cap. Analyzing the big moves.
- Marc-Andre Fleury opens up about being traded out of Vegas and his new chapter with the Blackhawks.
- Dallas Stars defenseman John Klingberg is eligible to sign a new contract extension this offseason and it will probably be very expensive.
- Wednesday's collection of links.
- The initial free agent frenzy is over, but that doesn't mean there are no players of any value left unsigned.
- Could they have gotten more out of trades, the expansion draft, and other chances?
- It's time to take a look at the updated ranking of the Bruins' top 10 prospects following the 2021 NHL Draft.
Latest Yahoo! NHL Experts
- "I am no longer scared to hide who I am," Prokop said in an announcement post.
- Lightning strikes twice.
- Ecstatic fans tossed beer cans onto the ice after the 3-2 overtime win against the Lightning.
- It was sports that told us COVID would be serious and life-altering. And perhaps it's sports that will tell us life, in many ways, is getting back to normalcy.
- The Rangers are making even more changes to their organization.
- With the fantasy hockey and 2020-21 NHL seasons coming to a close, what better time than now to look ahead at next season's first round?
- Not every barber can cut Black hair.
- Pat Foley said that if he had "been traveling with the team this year, I might have put a bullet in my head" during Chicago's game with Dallas on Monday.
- An important lesson from his mom, a gold medal-winning Russian basketball player, inspired Ovechkin to invest.
- With the fantasy hockey season wrapping up, let's examine the most surprising players of the season, and see whether they can repeat their success.