- Bryce Harper hit two of Philadelphia's five homers, while Zach Eflin went eight-plus innings to close out the four-game series on Wednesday night at Nationals Park.
More MLB news below.
Latest Yahoo! MLB
- Dave Martinez spoke about managing the Nationals for "many years" over the "long term" and for "quite some time," thanks to his contract extension.
- The Giants released veteran right-hander Jeff Samardzija a day after he returned from a lengthy shoulder injury and rehab.
- Four-time All-Star outfielder Hunter Pence announced his retirement following 14 major league seasons.
- Detroit Tigers (22-33) will try to end their losing streak Saturday against the Kansas City Royals (24-33). Tune in on Fox Sports Detroit or 97.1 FM.
- DJ LeMahieu is on the verge of a first in more than a century of Major League Baseball: the first player to win undisputed batting titles in both the American and National Leagues. Luke Voit is about to become a more common name atop the leaderboards but part of an illustrious list, joining Babe Ruth, […]
- Cavan Biggio broke up a no-hit bid with a solo home run in the sixth inning, Randal Grichuk added a three-run shot and the Toronto Blue Jays beat the Baltimore Orioles 5-2 Saturday night. The Blue Jays need another victory in Sunday's regular-season finale, and a Miami win over the Yankees in New York, to […]
- MLB suspended White Sox reliever Jimmy Cordero for three games and fined him an undisclosed amount for hitting the Cubs' Willson Contreras with a pitch.
- Rookie right-hander Tanner Houck struck out 10 in another dominant performance, Christian Vazquez capped a big inning with a grand slam, and the Boston Red Sox routed the Atlanta Braves 8-2 Saturday night. Giving the Red Sox reason to be hopeful after a dismal season, Houck (3-0) surrendered his first earned run in three big […]
- Brandon Woodruff allowed two hits in eight innings and the Milwaukee Brewers kept their playoff hopes alive by beating the St. Louis Cardinals 3-0 on Saturday night. Ryan Braun and Daniel Vogelbach hit back-to-back home runs in the fourth, the third time the Brewers have hit consecutive homers this season. ''We have to win, and […]
- Mariners' eight-run 3rd fuels 12-3 win over A's
Latest Yahoo! MLB Experts
- The Chicago Cubs have clinched their first NL Central since 2017.
- The All-Star catcher responded in the best way: Another home run.
- Hunter Pence spoke over a video of clips from his career to announce.
- The Cincinnati Reds are headed to the MLB postseason for the first time since 2013.
- For the first time in franchise history, the Astros have a clinched four straight postseason appearances.
- The Miami Marlins bounce back from 105-loss season to secure first playoff berth since 2013.
- Red Sox's Eduardo Rodriguez finally cleared to walk on treadmill as he recovers from COVID-19-related heart issueEduardo Rodriguez was finally cleared to walk on a treadmill after dealing with complications from COVID-19.
- Brennaman was caught on a hot mic using the slur last month during a Reds doubleheader.
- Fred Zinkie looks at some of the most surprising performances of 2020 to see who can be trusted in next year's fantasy baseball drafts.
- We can think of a handful of better ways to spend the morning solo at the ballpark.