- Club also signs relievers Norris, Storen to Minor League deals
- Catcher remains open to multiyear extension with Phillies
More MLB news below.
Latest Yahoo! MLB
- The Mets made it official, hiring Luis Rojas as their manager to replace Carlos Beltran. New York announced the move Thursday, a week after Beltran departed without managing a game. Rojas, who had been the Mets' quality control coach, was given a multiyear contract.
- The LA Dodgers have every reason to believe that they were cheated out of the title. That doesn’t mean that MLB will alter the record books Say one of your city’s baseball teams loses in the World Series two years in a row. That’s a tough pill to swallow, right? Wait, it gets worse. What […]
- SportsTalk Live is on location at McCormick Place to preview SoxFest 2020. Chuck Garfien and David Haugh join David Kaplan on the panel.
- The deal reportedly also includes an invite to spring training.
- Lou Merloni explains why there's a chance Alex Cora could return to manage the Boston Red Sox in 2021.
- The Giants inked former major league 1B/OF Darin Ruf to a minor league contract on Thursday. Ruf spent the last three years in South Korea.
- The Boston Red Sox are still hoping to have a manager in place by spring training, but chief baseball officer Chaim Bloom said Thursday it's possible they won't hire someone before pitchers and catchers report Feb. 12. ''It would certainly be ideal'' to have replaced Alex Cora
- Nick Madrigal had himself a heck of a season in the minor leagues in 2019. Was it enough to earn himself a spot on the Opening Day roster? It doesn't sound like it, but that could change.
- The Boston Red Sox are facing uncertainty at the manager position. On NBC Sports Boston's Arbella Early Edition, Lou Merloni detailed how the team can address their manager position if they believe their internal candidates are clean.
- According to a report from The Athletic, the Red Sox and Padres have discussed a trade involving four-time All-Star outfielder Mookie Betts.
Latest Yahoo! MLB Experts
- Get all the latest rumors, signings and trades in Yahoo Sports' Hot Stove Tracker.
- Agent Scott Boras is not surprisingly defending the players involved in the MLB sign-stealing scandal.
- Nolan Arenado is going to keep things private moving forward.
- Larry Walker started with the Expos, but blossomed into a Hall of Fame player with the Rockies.
- Back in the spotlight after being elected to baseball's Hall of Fame, famously stoic New York Yankees legend Derek Jeter dances with the media once more.
- Curt Schilling congratulated Derek Jeter and Larry Walker while promising to "talk about the other stuff."
- Just because baseball won't strip the Astros of their 2017 title doesn't mean the fans should just forget the sign-stealing scandal.
- The camera-based system won't call balls and strikes in spring training, but will run in test mode.
- A week after Carlos Beltran was forced to step down over the Houston Astros' sign-stealing scandal, the Mets have reportedly hired Luis Rojas to take his place.
- MLB believed Astros players could claim they didn't know using technology to steal signs was wrong.