More MLB news below.
Latest Yahoo! MLB
- The dimensions at the new Texas Rangers' ballpark will be similar to their old stadium, with slightly altered distances designed to honor the team's retired jersey numbers. The left field pole will be 329 feet from home plate, the 29 a reference to former third baseman Adrian Beltre's jersey
- Cole Hamels agrees to one-year, $18 million deal with Braves
- The Miami Marlins will join Major League Baseball's trend toward artificial turf by installing the surface at Marlins Park for 2020, and they'll move in the fences for the second time in four years. CEO Derek Jeter said an artificial surface solves the challenge the Marlins have had growing
- Hamels said a month ago that he planned to sign a series of one-year deals for the rest of his career. So it begins.
- Boomer and Gio discuss the New York Yankees becoming the first MLB team to stream games on Amazon Prime Video.
- BOSTON (AP) — The Boston Red Sox have signed infielder Marco Hernandez and left-hander Josh Osich to one-year contracts.
- Mattingly had a Hall of Fame peak, but he had a longer, injury-plagued decline
- The bidding war for Zack Wheeler is seemingly intensifying, with a winner potentially emerging any time now. The White Sox are reportedly willing to pay a steep price, but will they outbid the Philadelphia Phillies?
- Multiple sources confirmed an ESPN report that the Phillies are in serious pursuit of right-hander Zack Wheeler and shortstop Didi Gregorius. By Jim Salisbury
- SCOOPHD highlights 2020 Frisco (Texas) Lone Star
Latest Yahoo! MLB Experts
- Cole Hamels is back in the NL East on a one-year contract with the Braves.
- Manny Ramirez was suspended twice after leaving the Red Sox.
- A look at the depth of the Major League Baseball free-agent pool after Monday's non-tender deadline.
- In baseball's upcoming labor negotiations, don't lower the standards for the sport's power brokers.
- The Yankees are trying to address their biggest need this offseason.
- The Cubs decided to move on from Addison Russell.
- The Reds add Mike Moustakas to play second base on a $64 million deal.
- Ichiro is 46 and retired eight months ago, but he'll never truly be done with baseball.
- The Yahoo Sports MLB crew reveals which free agent they believe will be the best bargain.
- The Yahoo Sports MLB crew reveals what they're most thankful for in baseball.